What is MetaTrader?
MetaTrader is a versatile trading application developed by MetaQuotes Software Corp. that allows traders to access real-time financial market data. It also facilitates the management of multiple trading accounts, as well as the analysis of portfolio performance. Available in both web-based and desktop versions, the program allows traders to place orders, execute transactions, and monitor their accounts online. The program’s wide range of features makes it suitable for a variety of users, from beginner traders to experienced financial experts. Some of the features available in the trading app include charting, backtesting, and automated trading.
Features of MetaTrader
- Trading Accounts - Traders can access multiple trading accounts from one single MetaTrader platform. Furthermore, they can control the operation of each account separately.
- Customizable Chart - Users can customize their chart by selecting the type of chart, adding technical indicators, and setting up a custom layout.
- Trading Signals - This feature allows traders to receive recommendations on when to buy or sell a particular asset.
- Auto Trading - This feature allows traders to set up automated trading strategies and let the computer do the trading for them.
- Backtesting - This feature lets traders test their automated trading strategies in a historical market environment.
- Trading from Multiple Devices - Traders can access their trading accounts from any device with an internet connection.
Benefits of MetaTrader
- Convenient Trading - Users can place orders, execute transactions, and monitor their trading account from a single platform. Furthermore, they can access real-time market data from any device with an internet connection.
- Customizable Trading Environment - Users can customize the trading environment according to their preferences and needs. For example, they can choose their preferred chart type and add technical indicators to their trading chart.
- Multiple Trading Strategies - Traders can combine multiple trading strategies to maximize their profit potential.
- Trading Education - The trading app provides a wide range of educational resources that can help traders learn the basics of online trading.
- Trading Multiple Currencies - The app supports a wide range of financial instruments, including stocks, commodities, and crypto assets.
Different Types of MetaTrader
- MetaTrader 4 - The latest version of the trading platform, MetaTrader 4 is designed for traders who want to maximize their profit potential. This advanced trading platform features a wide range of advanced trading tools, such as automated trading, charting, and backtesting.
- MetaTrader 5 - This is a web-based trading application designed for traders who prefer a simplified trading experience. It also allows users to trade forex and CFDs.
MetaTrader's User Interface
The user interface of the trading app is intuitive and easy to navigate. It includes a variety of trading tools, such as a trading account, trading chart, and trading signal. The trading chart allows users to analyze market data, including price, volume, and chart pattern and make informed trading decisions. The trading account section allows users to monitor their account balance and trading activities. The trading signal section delivers trading recommendations based on the user’s trading profile and trading history. The trading app also includes a trading assistant, which allows users to create trading strategies, such as breakout and moving average trading, and add technical indicators to their trading chart.
Technical Analysis with MetaTrader
Technical analysis is a trading strategy used by traders to determine the future direction of the financial markets. The MetaTrader trading platform allows users to apply this strategy by adding technical indicators to their trading chart. This type of analysis involves studying historical market data, such as price and volume, to forecast future price movements. Users can add a wide range of technical indicators to their trading chart, including moving averages, Bollinger bands, and Fibonacci retracement.
Automated Trading with MetaTrader
Automated trading allows traders to set up algorithms to execute buy or sell orders automatically when certain conditions are met. For example, a trader can set up an order to buy Bitcoin (BTC) when it reaches a specific price. MetaTrader allows users to create automated trading strategies, such as breakout and moving average trading, and let the computer do the trading for them. As a result, traders can maximize their profit potential and minimize their losses. Traders can set up various automated trading strategies, including Breakout Trading and Moving Average Trading, and add technical indicators to their trading chart. Breakout Trading involves buying an asset when it breaks through an established level of resistance. Moving Average Trading involves buying an asset when its price crosses above a moving average line.
MetaTrader's Security Features
The trading app provides a wide range of security features that help traders protect their account from hackers. For example, the app allows users to create a password that includes upper and lower case letters, numbers, and special characters. It also allows traders to enable two-factor authentication to prevent unauthorized logins. Additionally, the trading platform allows users to set up a trading password to prevent other users from accessing their trading account. The trading app also features a security log that allows users to track suspicious activity and a trading firewall that protects their account from external threats.
MetaTrader's Pricing Plans
The trading app is free to download and use for all traders. However, some of its advanced features, such as automated trading, require a subscription. Traders can choose from a variety of subscription plans according to their needs and requirements. There are two types of subscriptions available, including a monthly subscription and an annual subscription. The annual plan offers subscribers a discount of up to 25%, compared to the monthly plan. There are three different subscription plans available, including Basic, Standard, and Advanced. The Basic plan offers traders real-time market data, a trading account, and a trading chart. The Standard plan adds advanced trading tools, including chart analysis tools, trading signals, and backtesting. The Advanced plan adds technical analysis tools, such as Fibonacci retracement and Bollinger bands.